Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ernie's Games & Social Media 101

So for Ernie's Games (a business near and dear to my heart for obvious reasons) I believe there are 3-4 social media sites/tools that I consider the best for my purposes. We will review them in order of importance and what goals we wish to accomplish through each.

1. Facebook. Don't mess with the King. The current monster of social media, there are few who don't check into Facebook at least daily and many multiple times throughout the day. We will use Facebook to post questions (polls) - tell people what is going on at the store, show people pics of past store events, link to cool articles and other websites with pertinent information, etc. In short, we want out Facebook updates to be interesting, varied, and bear store relevance, tying into our calendar of events and promotions.

2. Youtube. When checking out a new store or researching where to go for a tournament, many gamers wanna "see" where they are going, some game stores look like turds in the mud but mine is no turd, I can assure you - I wanna show it off! This is where we are going to show past events, our great game space, and basically just people having a great time. Also, we are gonna showcase winners of our events, hopefully giving them some air time or showing their army or deck off (what they used to win the tournament). It would be a great source of pride for those players and another reason to go to our store vrs somewhere else, which is the end goal!

3. Website/Blog. While I know its not a mainstream site, the website and blog/comment section I believe are going to be a vital tool of the "conversation" . This is for the "hardcore" fans who wish to discuss and comment on the various in and outs of each new release item, and those just being previewed to the public. Every gamer wants his voice heard and this is a great place to get deep into the discussion!

I am still trying to find a place for twitter, perhaps after a little more soul searching I can come up with a great fit content wise - I don't just wanna be tweeting abut tying my shoes and I don't think I wanna just be reproducing content from Facebook either, maybe if I can just find an interesting niche, well see.

No comments:

Post a Comment