Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I Learned

For me this has been a very practical, hands-on elective course. I have learned relevant marketing concepts and the latest social media technologies and how to apply them to real-life businesses. I work in marketing so I deal with marketing strategy all day, but taking a class like this enabled me to think outside the box and learn about new marketing trends that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise. I enjoyed learning about word of mouth marketing as defined by Andy Sernovitz and social media as described by Erik Qualman.

It was also useful to hear about the latest mobile marketing capabilities and futuristic technologies like augmented reality. The class did a great job mixing traditional marketing strategies with social media and new technologies. I learned a lot about Seattle Light Rail too!

No comments:

Post a Comment