Friday, August 5, 2011

Takeaways from this class...

This class inspired me to want to pursue marketing as a career, and to continue learning all I can about marketing. It was SO different than what I expected going into the quarter. Being new to the marketing discipline, I expected the class to be a how-to on pushing products and brands. What the class was instead (to me), was a lesson about human nature, creativity, and the importance of honesty, content, and being genuine. After taking this class, I have a completely different understanding about what good marketing should be, and what it can achieve.

I appreciated the opportunities to brainstorm and share ideas in class. Although honestly, it was a bit intimidating at first, I feel like the exercises helped free me from my perfectionist mindset and made me step out of my comfort zone. I especially enjoyed the inspiring videos we saw in class. They gave me so much to think and talk about at home, and really motivated me to continue my marketing studies.

Thanks Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment