Monday, August 8, 2011

What I learned from this class

I am glad that I took this class because I think that I learned more from this class than I did from any of my other classes. I came in to this class with a mixed feelings because marketing is not my favorite subject in the business school, but I like social media and have been a long time user of different social media tools. However, I did not know on how to combine the two together, and I have to admit that I am surprised on how powerful social media can be either for marketing purpose or for simply making connections to anyone, anywhere, anytime in the world.

I learned so many things in this class, from the differentiation of many social media tools to how those tools can be integrated to fit the business purposes. The class used a good combination of exercises, such as: in-class group discussions, individual strategic report, team presentation, and book reviews, that tested the students' knowledge of the materials taught in class and that stretched the students' creative thinking skills. This class is not an easy-A class, but this is definitely a fun class to take.

Lastly, Joe Barnes is a very great teacher and speaker. Having to go to class and stay awake for 3.5 hours in the summer can be very hard to do, but Joe made his classes very interesting and full of unexpected surprises. I really recommend other students, especially those who are in the Seattle University's MBA program, to take this class. I hope that I can take more classes with Joe or attend any of his seminar in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment