Monday, August 8, 2011

What I learned from the course

The most awakening thing I learned from this course is the power of social media and social network services used as marketing tools. Even though I was already a user in many of the social network services such as Facebook and Twitter, it never occurred to me that those social network settings were the platforms for spreading word of mouth communications. Therefore, after realizing the effectiveness of using social network services as marketing tools, the way I view and perceive activities through these social network sites has changed in a way that I am now more aware of the messages being conveyed in many aspects. It is most interesting me to see some of the messages and marketing tactics which I can relate as "thinking outside of the box."

After this course, I also realized that marketing is not just useful for those who are hired to promote and sell products but for other entities and individuals to gain attention in all aspects of businesses. I think marketing is not necessarily about what you are trying to sell, but also what you are trying to convey and how you manage the reactions and views of other people for the advantage of your business and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment